The article substantiates the localization of the medieval village of Yasenye in the Suzdal Opolye, mentioned in sources under 1417, which was previously identified with the village of Torki of the Suzdal Spaso-Evfimiev Monastery. Yasenye existed on the watershed, near the spring of the same name in the second half of the 12th
– first half of the 15th
centuries. The reason for the disappearance of the village and another large settlement synchronized to it, is the expansion of monastic possessions in the microregion. This is confirmed by documents of the 16th
centuries, which record the continuation of disputes over the land near the spring, which is claimed by the monastery and the peasants of the surrounding villages. A small plot of the history of Opolye is well combined with the general picture of the decrease in the number of villages in the region in the 15th
century, obtained as a result of the work of the Suzdal expedition (leader N. A. Makarov). This allows us to consider the development of monastic land ownership as a significant factor in the transformation of settlement systems in Opolye at the end of the Middle Ages.